This page shows how to remove cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com from Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Did you just see cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com in the status bar of your browser and wonder where it came from? Or did cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com show up while you searched for something on one of the major search engines, such as the Google.com search engine?
Here are some of the statusbar messages you may see in your browser’s status bar:
- Waiting for cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com…
- Transferring data from cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com…
- Looking up cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com…
- Read cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com
- Connected to cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com…
Does this sound like what you see your system, you most likely have some potentially unwanted program installed on your computer that makes the cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com domain appear in your browser. So there’s no use contacting the owner of the site you were browsing. The cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com statusbar messages are not coming from them. I’ll do my best to help you remove the cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com message in this blog post.
Those that have been reading this blog already know this, but for new visitors: Not long ago I dedicated some of my lab computers and deliberately installed a few potentially unwanted programs on them. Since then I have been observing the actions on these computers to see what kinds of ads, if any, that are displayed. I’m also looking on other interesting things such as if the potentially unwanted program updates itself, or if it downloads additional software on the systems. I first spotted cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com in Mozilla Firefox’s status bar on one of these lab computers.
cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com was registered on 2015-07-30. cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com resolves to the 126.96.36.199 address.
So, how do you remove cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com from your browser? On the machine where cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com showed up in the status bar I had CheckMeUp installed. I removed it with FreeFixer and that stopped the web browser from loading data from cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com.
The bad news with statusbar messages like this one is that it can be caused by many variants of potentially unwanted programs, not just the potentially unwanted program that’s installed on my computer. This makes it impossible to say exactly what you need to remove to stop the status bar messages.
So, what can be done? To remove cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com you need to review your computer for potentially unwanted programs and uninstall them. Here’s my suggested removal procedure:
- Review what programs you have installed in the Add/Remove programs dialog in the Windows Control Panel. Do you see something that you don’t remember installing or that was recently installed?
- You can also review the web browser add-ons. Same thing here, do you see anything that you don’t remember installing?
- If that did not help, you can give FreeFixer a try. FreeFixer is built to assist users when manually tracking down potentially unwanted programs. It is a freeware utility that I’ve been working since 2006 and it scans your machine at lots of locations where unwanted software is known to hook into your machine. If you would like to get additional details about a file in FreeFixer’s scan result, you can just click the More Info link for that file and a web page with a VirusTotal report will open up, which can be very useful to determine if the file is safe or malware:
Did you find any potentially unwanted program on your machine? Did that stop cpn.syndicatedunshakable.com? Please post the name of the potentially unwanted program you uninstalled from your machine in the comment below.