This page shows how to remove yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com from Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Did you just see yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com in the status bar of your browser and wonder where it came from? Or did yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com show up while you searched for something on one of the big search engines, such as the Google search engine?
Here is a screenshot on yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com from my computer:
Here are some of the status bar messages you may see in your browser’s status bar:
- Waiting for yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com…
- Transferring data from yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com…
- Looking up yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com…
- Read yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com
- Connected to yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com…
Does this sound like your computer, you probably have some potentially unwanted program installed on your system that makes the yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com domain appear in your web browser. So there’s no idea contacting the owner of the web site you were browsing. The yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com status bar messages are not coming from them. I’ll do my best to help you with the yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com removal in this blog post.
Those that have been reading this blog already know this, but for new visitors: Not long ago I dedicated a few of my lab machines and deliberately installed some potentially unwanted programs on them. Since then I’ve been observing the actions on these computers to see what kinds of advertisements, if any, that are displayed. I’m also looking on other interesting things such as if the potentially unwanted program auto-updates, or if it downloads and installs additional software on the systems. I first observed yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com in Mozilla Firefox’s status bar on one of these lab machines.
yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com was registered on 2015-05-13. yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com resolves to the 188.8.131.52 address.
So, how do you remove yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com from your browser? On the machine where yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com showed up in the status bar I had SalePlus, YouTubeAdBlocke and IStart 5.3.7 installed. I removed them with FreeFixer and that stopped the browser from loading data from yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com.
The issue with this type of status bar message is that it can be caused by many variants of potentially unwanted programs. This makes it impossible to say exactly what you need to remove to stop the statusbar messages.
To remove yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com you need to examine your computer for potentially unwanted programs and uninstall them. Here’s my suggested removal procedure:
- What software do you have installed if you look in the Add/Remove programs dialog in the Windows Control Panel? Something that you don’t remember installing yourself or that was recently installed?
- You can also check the browser add-ons. Same thing here, do you see something that you don’t remember installing?
- If that didn’t help, I’d recommend a scan with FreeFixer to manually track down the potentially unwanted program. FreeFixer is a freeware tool that I’m working on that scans your computer at lots of locations, such as browser add-ons, processes, Windows services, recently modified files, etc. If you want to get additional details about a file in the scan result, you can click the More Info link for that file and a web page will open up with a VirusTotal report which will be very useful to determine if the file is safe or malware:
Did you find any potentially unwanted program on your machine? Did that stop yxu.tinctureunabsorbed.com? Please post the name of the potentially unwanted program you uninstalled from your machine in the comment below.