This page shows how to remove udf.jetetguagne.com from Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
Did you just see udf.jetetguagne.com in the status bar of your browser and wonder where it came from? Or did udf.jetetguagne.com show up while you search for something on one of the major search engines, such as the Google.com search engine?
Here is a screenshot on udf.jetetguagne.com from my system:
Jetetguagne.com appeared in the status bar, when I searched at Google.
Here are some of the statusbar messages you may see in your browser’s status bar:
- Waiting for udf.jetetguagne.com…
- Transferring data from udf.jetetguagne.com…
- Looking up udf.jetetguagne.com…
- Read udf.jetetguagne.com
- Connected to udf.jetetguagne.com…
If you also see this on your machine, you probably have some potentially unwanted program installed on your computer that makes the udf.jetetguagne.com domain appear in your browser. Contacting the owner for the site you were at would be a waste of time. The udf.jetetguagne.com status bar notifications are not coming from them. I’ll try help you with the udf.jetetguagne.com removal in this blog post.
I found udf.jetetguagne.com on one of the lab computers where I have some potentially unwanted programs running. I’ve talked about this in some of the previous blog posts. The potentially unwanted programs was installed on purpose, and from time to time I check if something new has appeared, such as pop-up windows, new tabs in the browsers, injected ads on website that usually don’t show ads, or if some new files have been saved to the hard-drive.
udf.jetetguagne.com resolves to the 126.96.36.199 address.
So, how do you remove udf.jetetguagne.com from your browser? On the machine where udf.jetetguagne.com showed up in the status bar I had SpeeditApp, Web United and Web Bar installed. I removed them with FreeFixer and that stopped the browser from loading data from udf.jetetguagne.com.
The bad news with this type of status bar message is that it can be caused by many variants of potentially unwanted programs, not just the potentially unwanted program on my machine. This makes it impossible to say exactly what you need to remove to stop the status bar messages.
Anyway, here’s my suggestion for the udf.jetetguagne.com removal:
- What software do you have installed if you look in the Add/Remove programs dialog in the Windows Control Panel? Something that you don’t remember installing yourself or that was recently installed?
- You can also review the browser add-ons. Same thing here, do you see something that you don’t remember installing?
- If that did not help, you can give FreeFixer a try. FreeFixer is built to assist users when manually tracking down potentially unwanted programs. It is a freeware utility that I’ve been working since 2006 and it scans your machine at lots of locations where unwanted software is known to hook into your machine. If you would like to get additional details about a file in FreeFixer’s scan result, you can just click the More Info link for that file and a web page with a VirusTotal report will open up, which can be very useful to determine if the file is safe or malware:
Did this blog post help you to remove udf.jetetguagne.com? Please let me know or how I can improve this blog post.